Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Time In Baltimore

It's April Fool's Day and my first full day near my new home. The flight was tolerable, only four hours and straight through. I would never have thought that I would feel like a pro at this flying thing, but it definitely feels old-hat now. I don't love it, but I certainly don't hate it. Security was a breeze and everyone at Delta was super friendly. I had a rather emotional moment on the plane as we passed over the Appalachians, realizing that I was truly away from home.

Though March is when spring actually begins, April is when we expect to see it come in like a lion. Spring has always seemed like new beginnings to me, and this is probably one of the biggest things that's ever happened to me. I'm 2000 miles away from my friends and family, in a strange city surrounded by green things. I'm told that it's called "Nature," but it definitely feels unnatural to me. And did I mention that the city stinks? Like, really stinks. Trust me, I lived in Sanpete County, Land of the Turkey Shit, my entire adolescence. I can only hope that its because I'm near the airport.

I haven't had a chance to explore or see the city as we are entirely reliant on Taxi's and Shuttles until we've purchased a car, which won't be for several weeks. I am fairly excited about some of the things in the tourist guides. Apparently there's a medieval restaurant at one of the malls complete with jousting and sword fighting and a Renaissance Festival somewhere nearby. I also haven't had a chance to try any of the reportedly fabulous seafood offerings, though I hope to change that tonight.

Oh, and for the record? If you've never had non-Utah beer, you're missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment